Thursday 15 September 2011

South Beach Diet - Day 2

Ok, day 2 feels like it's gone a little better for me.  Still not got my routine down though - not had as much to eat as I'd hoped (now that seems like a strange thing to say when dieting!) due to yet another late start, so I'm feeling that I need to tackle this ASAP, because I'm starting to realise that I haven't had a proper routine for a while and have been allowing my stomach to dictate when & what I eat.  This could be part of the cause of my weight gain, and the increasing symptoms of my PCOS.  I feel like I had a "Eureka!" moment today when I noticed this.

Well, I started the day with my usual actimel probiotic drink - although I've had to switch to a fat-free version, and as I'm not allowed any fruits or fruit juices (only during phase 1, to get rid of those sugar cravings, which is fine cos I'm more of a veg person anyway) I figured I was better off with the original variety.

Then for breakfast I had turkey rashers & sliced tomato topped with mozarella - all grilled.  Verdict: winner!

Tried the veg juice again, this time on it's own - still not much better, after 2 hours I still had half a glass left so decided to chuck the rest away.  Verdict: binned.

For an afternoon snack, I had cubes of low-fat cheddar and some cherry tomatoes - very nice, filled a spot, but I felt like I needed more (or maybe that was due to my boyfriend stealing some of my cheese!)  Verdict: try again next time.

Dinner tonight was awesome! I was inspired by things I've had before, so I went for a chicken breast stuffed with goat's cheese & red pepper (I sliced the chicken breast across the top, in a butterfly style), tenderstem brocolli, spring greens, toasted pine nuts, roasted onion & red pepper slices (done in the oven with garlic and balsamic vinegar), plus a salad of rocket, lambs lettuce, celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes & feta with a homemade balsamic dressing.  And here's the end result:


I might have overdone it with the toasted pine nuts, but they were so tasty and just seemed to bring the whole dish together - I was so pleased!  And I made a new discovery - I love spring greens!  I was a bit hesitant, but figured it was hightime I got out of my foodie comfort zone and tried something new - I had a nibble on a leaf before I cooked it, just to see what it'd be like and it tasted a lot like brussel sprouts, but once it was cooked it seemed to bring out a gentle sweetness that was just amazing!


For the salad dressing, I just mixed together a crushed garlic clove, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and a little wholegrain mustard.  Very tasty.





Verdict on tonight's dinner: WINNER!

It was the right amount for me - filled me right up, I didn't have any cravings and only 3 hours later do I fancy having a snack.  Will most definitely be doing this one again!

Well that's it on progress so far - now I'm off to find a snack that will do me til morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment