Thursday 7 July 2011

Zumba!

Ok, so I know I've already mentioned zumba in a previous post, but tonight I went to my second-ever zumba class and it's definitely a sure thing.

The crowd tonight was different - for starters, there was about 30 more women there tonight compared to the Monday morning class I tried - and I was worried about "fitting in" cos these women all looked like regular gym-goers... but as soon as the music started I quickly realised that it didn't matter, cos nobody had perfected the moves and there were still a few newcomers.  And I was glad to see I wasn't the only one getting all hot and sweaty - loads of women around me were exactly the same.

The one thing we all had in common, regardless of our fitness level or dance "finesse", was a smile - everybody got into it and had a good time.  Must be all those endorphins rushing around, coupled with a fun routine to a mix of music (although my fave at the moment has to be "Rollin on the River" by Tina Turner)!

So it's good to know that the zumba thing is for real.... and that I'll have something I can go to a couple of times a week :)

And now, I believe it's time for my fave dessert of the moment... strawberries and a few squares of chocolate (Green & Black's Maya Gold).  Yum! 

There's just something so simple and elegant about strawberries, and they're in season right now so I'm pretty happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment